Monday, July 2, 2007

Ravelry

I got my invitation to join Ravelry, and after giving it some thought I decided to go ahead and sign up. I hesitated because of the time involved in setting up my own notebook, but I just couldn't resist having access to the work of other crocheters and knitters. It really will be a great resource, and I wish those who came up with the idea a lot of luck.

I finally got a project listed in my notebook. It's embarrassing to even think about how long it took me to figure it out. Flickr and I got off to a rocky start. I did something stupid at the beginning of the relationship, and Flickr refused to tell me what I had done wrong so I could make amends. I finally became so furious that I completely broke off all contact and cancelled my account. But I continued to think about Flickr and how much I needed it, so last night about 12:30 a.m. I reintroduced myself under an altered screen name. It worked, and I was able to get a picture up. (I'm not normally such a sneak, but I was desperate.) I'll take the relationship slow for now and work my way up gradually.

The coolest feature I've discovered about Ravelry so far is that I can do a search for a yarn and see projects that others have done with the same stuff. That's great for someone like me who is trying to reduce her stash.

4 comments:

Deneen said...

It took me two weeks to figure most of it out and then it was like a lightbulb went off in my head and I "got it"

Unknown said...

same here! And I'm still learning! It is a fun place.

Mimi said...

Glad you didn't give up on Flicker ;)
Welcome to Ravelry! I also think the search for yarns and patterns feature is so cool :)

Anonymous said...

If you ever need any help figuring out Ravelry, give me a shout. It took me a few tries, too, and even now, there's still a few things I'm not sure about. Welcome to the site. It's a lot of fun. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined!