Thursday, May 24, 2007

Vest

This is the vest I began a little over a month ago. It's finally finished with the ends woven in. It still needs a good blocking, though. The pattern is from The Crochet Yearbook, Volume I that I purchased last year from bookcloseouts.com. I used about 5 skeins of Paton's Grace and a F hook. If I had known I was going to have so much yarn left over, I would have made it a little longer. As it is, this one ends at about the hip bone.

The pattern had only one mistake, and it was a minor one. It said to seam up the shoulders and side seams, but there are no side seams. I made a few minor adjustments. I was suppose to double crochet around the edges, but I used a single crochet instead. The pattern in the book used buttons, but since I seldom wear a vest buttoned, I left those off. The one thing I don't like about the pattern is the last row on the bottom edge. It's a wrong side row, and I'm just not crazy about that. I tried adding a single crochet row along the edge, but it didn't look right either. If I made the vest again, I would add another single crochet row along the edge, so the final row would be on the right side.

3 comments:

Bron said...

That's so pretty, Linda! I just love lacey vests like that. :) Good job!

Priscilla said...

Yes, the vest is beautiful! That's interesting about ending with a wrong side row. I think that would bother me, too. I don't make clothing very often, so I had never thought about that.

April said...

Very pretty Linda!